Sunday, December 3, 2006

Welcome to my New Blog !

The purpose of this blog will be to present news items and issues that I think are interesting and worth your reading. My main interests are homeschooling, educational freedom, parental rights, and assaults on our freedoms. As the quote from the Declaration of Independence says.. government is based on our consent, and I believe that we need to be kept informed of what is going on around us.

We need to know what our representatives are doing and proposing because ultimately they need our consent. We do this either by electing our legislators in the first place, or using our power of petition and free speech (as well as other powers as citizens) to be able to change or influence the proposals and legislation that are made. Speaking out and voicing our opinions is important.

We must remember this:

"Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories."

Thomas Jefferson, Notes on the State of Virginia, Query 14, 1781


Since we are the safe depositories, we must be informed. Apathy and ignorance are our biggest enemies. We should understand that we cannot just allow our representatives to rule blindly without our input or oversight. We must realize that aside from being able to elect our representatives, we also have the power to impeach. Our Founders understood the necessity of being able to change our government and those who govern us. I hope that you find the items that I post to be interesting, inspiring, at times infuriating, and that they will provide you with information you need to know. I look forward to this adventure on the Internet.

3 comments:

christinemm said...

Hooray Judy! I am glad you have a blog now.

KathyJo said...

I've been reading your comments on Spunky's blog with interest for some time now. I just emailed one of your comments to my husband the other night and told him, "I wish she had a blog." :)

Anonymous said...

Judy,
Thanks for starting up this blog. I'll be reading daily. I'm a homeschool mom of seven, and I like to keep informed as to what our government is up to. They seem to have a special interest in controlling children...er, education. Liberty sure is taking a beating these days. It gets chipped away with nary a blink by most. But, when you have to defend it, you notice every single chip!
I appreciate the homeschooling bloggers more and more.
Keep the torch lit!
redink