Friday, January 26, 2007

USA Wakeup

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. - Ronald Reagan
The website USAWakeUp was put together by Stewart R. Gable, Colonel USAF [Ret'd], Nam, Fighter Pilot 1968, 107 mission North. He warns of the deterioration of the Four Instruments of our National Power:

POLITICAL;
ECONOMIC;
PSYCHO-SOCIAL [FOUNDING FATHERS VALUES & BELIEFS], and
MILITARY;

This website is alarming, disturbing, interesting, and has a message you probably ought to hear. It presents a point of view and message worth listening to and at least knowing about. You can be alarmed at what Stewart Gable has to say, or you can just dismiss it as fear mongering. We all have the choice to wake up and be mindful of the lessons that history teaches us and make predictions about what could happen if we examine the events and warning signs around us, or we could dismiss people like Stewart Gable, label him a wingnut, and just go back to sleep. As for me I want to listen to what is being said, get the facts, and then decide for myself if what I am hearing is credible, as well as what actions I need to take. But I will tell you one thing; much of my family and my husband's family perished in Hitler's camps and ovens, so I totally get what happens when warning signs are ignored or marginalized. I believe there certainly some things on the horizon that we need to deal with. I may not believe all that is said by Col. Gable, but thought it was worth sharing.

The website contains a few other flash movie presentations. Here is one which is definitely not Politically Correct.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

My husband and I have been watching what is REALLY going on (with regards to America's decline), and it is so frustrating that the vast majority of Americans are just simply asleep. And what is worse - that they simply don't care because they are too busy working to buy the next, best "thing" that they just have to have. I fear that 2007 will be a crisis year for Americans - many this year will lose their homes, their jobs, and their freedoms. But they refuse to see what is before their eyes. Americans definitely need to WAKE UP!

Blueberry said...

I'm awake, but I'm afraid many Americans are delusional. Like Kathy said, Americans are too wrapped up in the next thing to purchase-all for the sake of helping the economy.

Many Americans have the mindset that the United States is a superpower and incapable of falling or being destroyed. I think that's a very dangerous place too be because where there is comfort there are springs just waiting to pop up and stab you in the backside.

Dana said...

I haven't had too much time to look through the site, but I agree with the basic tenets you lined out.

Nations rarely fall by an outside force. Even Nazi Germany was centuries in the making. I don't think Islam is our greatest enemy.

We are. And what we are willing to do for "the common good."