Monday, May 7, 2007

I'm Back From London

I have returned from my trip to London and will be back to regular blogging.
Wow... I have lots to share.
I had a great time touring the sites.
The Nanny State is alive and not doing so well as I see it.
I'll be sharing my observations with you this week.
National Health Care, Security, Education, Taxes... Sharia Law In Britain.

And I have to say that I was impressed with our US border security at the airports, also American Airlines stewardesses were unfortunately quite rude.

I am glad to be home.


Dana said...

Oh, I'm glad you're back. I've missed you and I'm glad it was a nice trip! I enjoyed London...and then I started bleeding. I suspected a miscarriage but the cabbies would stop and not let me get in their nice cars. My husband lost it after the fourth time, and kicked the guy's car. He got out and the impending fight was stopped by some stranger who settled down the cab driver, hailed another one and that guy was nice enough to take me to the emergency room. He tried not to accept the fare!

Then I sat in the ER for three hours bleeding all over and listening to an adolescent girl scream in agony the entire time. When I was finally seen, the doctor said I was probably having a miscarriage, but they couldn't confirm it until Monday (it was Friday). Opinion: return to Germany where I already had an appointment.

My experience with socialized medicine. And we want this here why?

Judy Aron said...

Oh I have lots to tell about their maternity care - big article was in the paper about how bad it is getting with lack of midwives etc. Their mortality rate has risen.

As for the rest of socialized medicine - as far as I am concerned it is a failure there - most people have private pay care and go outside the country for operations like hip replacements.

Dana said...

I will say the prenatal care I received in Germany was great. When I was 17, though, I went to the ER, the doctor guessed my weight and I was out for over 12 hours for a 15 minute procedure. I recovered in a supply closet...I couldn't even walk when released, was carried to the car, and slept for another day.

I remember a big report about their version of life flight. Most die in transit because although they had the ability to get to the scene quickly, it made no difference when there were no hospitals with beds available. People reportedly flew around for 45+ minutes, sometimes going to other states if they lived long enough.

Dy said...

OK, I wasn't aware you were abroad. I thought you were just having a quiet week! (That's what I get for being new.)

Welcome home!