Tuesday, May 22, 2007

OMG!


My 15 year old daughter just finished her English course at Tunxis Community College receiving an A- for the course. Not bad for her first venture into college coursework, and certainly not too shabby for a 15 year old. Her teacher's comment on the final exam essay question read, "This was by far the best piece of writing I have seen from anyone this semester". This was the same teacher who at the beginning of the semester made it quite clear to her, and to me, that he was not going to make any exceptions for her age, and that he expected her to do all work required in the course. She turned out to be his best student.

She liked the course - but hated the Annie Dillard book she had to read..as well as the infusion of liberal politics into some of their discussions.. but she handled it very well.

While working on her high school curriculum, she'll be taking more college courses next semester.... with confidence.

She has always been homeschooled. Homeschooling works. OMG!


Note: OMG - For those of you not in the IPod and Instant Messaging world, that's teen speak for "Oh My God"

2 comments:

Tamara said...

Your daughter rocks!

I've been thinking a lot about what will happen as my boys get older, and this post has given me wonderful encouragement and inspiration.

Dana said...

No way?! Homeschooling works?