The only way to conquer a nation is to infiltrate its institutions and churches with strong, left-leaning indoctrination, advised the founder of modern socialism.
From one website:
It would do us well to reexamine the teachings of Antonio Gramsci who was a founding member and onetime leader of the Communist Party of Italy. He, and the early Socialists, believed that the only way to conquer the philosophy of a country like America was not to battle in the streets, but to infiltrate our schools, universities, institutions and churches with strong, left-leaning rhetoric and indoctrination. Do this and America as we know and love it, eventually, would fall.Gee - many of these goals listed below have already been accomplished and how many others are in progress..So where do you think that puts us? Are you concerned at all?
Congressional Record--Appendix, pp. A34-A35
January 10, 1963
Current Communist Goals
EXTENSION OF REMARKS OF HON. A. S. HERLONG, JR. OF FLORIDA
IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
Thursday, January 10, 1963
Mr. HERLONG. Mr. Speaker, Mrs. Patricia Nordman of De Land, Fla., is an ardent and articulate opponent of communism, and until recently published the De Land Courier, which she dedicated to the purpose of alerting the public to the dangers of communism in America.
At Mrs. Nordman's request, I include in the RECORD, under unanimous consent, the following "Current Communist Goals," which she identifies as an excerpt from 'The Naked Communist' by Cleon Skousen:
[From "The Naked Communist," by Cleon Skousen]
CURRENT COMMUNIST GOALS
1. U.S. acceptance of coexistence as the only alternative to atomic war.
2. U.S. willingness to capitulate in preference to engaging in atomic war.
3. Develop the illusion that total disarmament [by] the United States would be a demonstration of moral strength.
4. Permit free trade between all nations regardless of Communist affiliation and regardless of whether or not items could be used for war.
5. Extension of long-term loans to Russia and Soviet satellites.
6. Provide American aid to all nations regardless of Communist domination.
7. Grant recognition of Red China. Admission of Red China to the U.N.
8. Set up East and West Germany as separate states in spite of Khrushchev's promise in 1955 to settle the German question by free elections under supervision of the U.N.
9. Prolong the conferences to ban atomic tests because the United States has agreed to suspend tests as long as negotiations are in progress.
10. Allow all Soviet satellites individual representation in the U.N.
11. Promote the U.N. as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one-world government with its own independent armed forces. (Some Communist leaders believe the world can be taken over as easily by the U.N. as by Moscow. Sometimes these two centers compete with each other as they are now doing in the Congo.)
12. Resist any attempt to outlaw the Communist Party.
13. Do away with all loyalty oaths.
14. Continue giving Russia access to the U.S. Patent Office.
15. Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States.
16. Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights.
17. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers' associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
18. Gain control of all student newspapers.
19. Use student riots to foment public protests against programs or organizations which are under Communist attack.
20. Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing, policymaking positions.
21. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures.
22. Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all forms of artistic expression. An American Communist cell was told to "eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings, substitute shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms."
23. Control art critics and directors of art museums. "Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art."
24. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them "censorship" and a violation of free speech and free press.
25. Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio, and TV.
26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as "normal, natural, healthy."
27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with "social" religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity which does not need a "religious crutch."
28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of "separation of church and state."
29. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.
30. Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the "common man."
31. Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of the "big picture." Give more emphasis to Russian history since the Communists took over.
32. Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture--education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc.
33. Eliminate all laws or procedures which interfere with the operation of the Communist apparatus.
34. Eliminate the House Committee on Un-American Activities.
35. Discredit and eventually dismantle the FBI.
36. Infiltrate and gain control of more unions.
37. Infiltrate and gain control of big business.
38. Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies. Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders which no one but psychiatrists can understand [or treat].
39. Dominate the psychiatric profession and use mental health laws as a means of gaining coercive control over those who oppose Communist goals.
40. Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.
41. Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to suppressive influence of parents.
42. Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special-interest groups should rise up and use ["]united force["] to solve economic, political or social problems.
43. Overthrow all colonial governments before native populations are ready for self-government.
44. Internationalize the Panama Canal.
45. Repeal the Connally reservation so the United States cannot prevent the World Court from seizing jurisdiction [over domestic problems. Give the World Court jurisdiction] over nations and individuals alike.
Jan Ireland wrote this:
Communism is antithetical to capitalism. In Marxian theory, socialism is the stage between the two.
Socialism happens in America when government veers from its constitutionally granted powers, and decides it can "redistribute." It shifts the tax burden, designates some as "more equal" than others, manipulates media, denies some rights, and relinquishes other rights. These things have been happening incrementally for decades in America.
It is time to look again at some of the communist goals:
- Capture one or both of the political parties in the US.
- Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions, by claiming their activities violate civil rights.
- Infiltrate the press.
- Gain control of key positions in radio, TV and motion pictures.
- Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with "social" religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity, which does not need a "religious crutch."
- Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in schools on the grounds that it violates the principle of "separation of church and state."
- Discredit the American founding fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the "common man."
- Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of "the big picture."
- Promote the UN as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one world government, with its own independent armed forces.
Those are 9 of the 45. Americans must realize that communism has morphed to socialism, and it still is targeting America.
Consider this too from JB Williams - who explains that Communism is alive and well in this country -
No communist country has ever been able to feed itself long term, ultimately collapsing under the weight of its own lack of productivity which always results in a lack of resources.
You would think that people in Congress and other law making bodies would know what they are doing as they erode our freedoms and trash our constitutional rights - and perhaps they DO know what they are doing. In Washington D.C. there is powerful and popular lobby called the Progressive Caucus which is openly espousing the principles of Socialism and who have signed onto the agenda of the Democratic Socialists of America. What is even more unsettling is that there are Republicans who are voting along with them. Both parties are starting to look the same to me. And it isn't even a question of being for or against "the war" anymore.. it is about manipulating and controlling our population out of fear. Fear of terrorists, Fear of global warming, Fear of unstable economics, Fear of a tainted food supply, Fear of Bio-terrorism; and the list grows. In order "to protect us", they legislate.
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.It looks to me like Americans need to revisit and study the foundations of this country and re-discover how our Constitutional Republic contrasts with all other forms of government and related economic systems. There are reasons why it works and why it was established that way by our Founders. They had incredible wisdom.
- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759
We should realize why the agendas and entities such as NAFTA, CAFTA, SPP, The North American Union, The Trans-Texas Corridor and a host of other initiatives fromFairness Doctrine (to control talk radio, etc.) to No Child Left Behind (government control of education) are very bad ideas. Furthermore, as we allow more poor uneducated illegal aliens to stay in this country they will ultimately be the ones supporting Communist agendas for the state to take care of them - and believe me - they will vote - illegally of course.