Monday, October 1, 2007

Anti-Depressants Are Killing Our Children

This is a compelling video about Anti-depressants.

Aside from the message of this video, many people have been uncovering the truth that mental health screening programs are funneling students into anti-depressant use, especially as it is being reported that these "screening tools" have been developed with money from Big Pharma.

This is certainly an issue of huge concern to any parent, especially if your child's school does mental health screening, and/or if your state legislators are considering making mental health screening mandatory (like in Illinois).


Anonymous said...

There is a psychiatric / pharmaceutical plan to "suicide screen" every child in the United States before they graduate from high school. Evidence exists that shows massive pharmaceutical backing that will result in even more overdrugging of kids with psychiatric drugs .

Can you take a moment to view this very short video? Click here:

And then sign and forward this petition to your associates and everyone you know? It already has over 23,000 signatures.

It's simply a race to inform enough parents so something can be done about this.

Federal bill to ban funding:

TheTutor said...

This is one of the scariest videos I have ever seen. It made me sad and angry. Thank you for posting it. Off to contact legislators.

Melissa said...

Discontinuation Syndrome!? The WORST two months of my life. For them to say that I would have mild withdrawal symptoms was a huge understatment. I was wishing I was dead when I was going off of those drugs, and I was trying to care for my three young children. I should have never been put on these in the first place as I was not depressed! The doctor used a very generalized screening questionaire when I was having one bad day and bang I was on Lexapro, then Zoloft, then Paxil for then next two years. Until my husband convinced me that I was not myself and it was due to the drugs. I called my doctor and told her that I wanted to stop. I had to gradually wean myself off of the drugs over two months. It was truely and awful experience.