Thursday, December 27, 2007

Benazir Bhutto Assasinated

This is horrific.

FORMER Pakistani leader Benazir Bhutto has been killed in a gun and bomb attack.

We will probably see civil war in Pakistan as a result.

from Wiki:
Pakistani politician. Bhutto was the first woman elected to lead a post-colonial Muslim state. She was twice elected Prime Minister of Pakistan. She was sworn in for the first time in 1988 but removed from office 20 months later under orders of then-president Ghulam Ishaq Khan on grounds of alleged corruption. In 1993 Bhutto was re-elected but was again removed in 1996 on similar charges, this time by President Farooq Leghari.

Bhutto went into self-imposed exile in Dubai in 1998, where she remained until she returned to Pakistan on October 18, 2007, after reaching an understanding with General Musharraf by which she was granted amnesty and all corruption charges were withdrawn.[1]


Elisheva Hannah Levin said...

This is of grave concern and reminds me of when Sadat was assassinated. Democracy and freedom are held hostage by terrorism and assissins.

What is even more frightening is that Pakinstan is a nuclear power.

How aweful and scary this is. Even from where I sit, half a world away.

Blueberry said...

I heard this on the radio this morning and turned it off soon after. I chose to have the neighbor kids over and spend my day with a house bustling with ten kids. I just had to spend my time in something I enjoy while so much chaos is erupting on the other side of our world.

The kids have all gone home and I'm watching the news now.

mccommas said...

This is of grave concern indeed.

The religion of peace has struck again.

I am so glad to be an American where we can disagree without resorting to bloodshed.


Anonymous said...

"I am so glad to be an American where we can disagree without resorting to bloodshed" Are you serious mccommas? No 'savages' over here, hun???