Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Happy Hannukah!

The Jewish Festival of Hannukah begins at sundown tonight. Happy Hannukah to those of you who celebrate, and may this season bring you and your loved ones health, happiness, peace and prosperity.

You can always count on Elisheva at Ragamuffin Studies to have a holiday post that is wonderfully written.

You can also find the complete story of Hannukah here at the Chabad website.

The miracle of the Maccabees can be heard here.

I enjoy the kindling of the lights of the menorah. It is as if we are adding light to the world that grows brighter with each passing day of the festival. Adding light to the darkness in any aspect of our life can only be a good thing.


Dana said...

Happy Hannukah to you, Judy! I can't believe I forgot about it...I don't think I have quite accepted that it is December, yet.

Eric Holcombe said...

Thanks for the link to Chabad. I am enjoying learning some new things there.

Elisheva Hannah Levin said...

Chag Sameach, Judy! And thanks for the link.