Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Buh-Bye Fred And Thanks For Playing Along


Fred Thompson calls it quits.
"Today I have withdrawn my candidacy for President of the United States. I hope that my country and my party have benefited from our having made this effort. Jeri and I will always be grateful for the encouragement and friendship of so many wonderful people."
I liked Fred. The "Reagan-esque" politician gave it a good try - and it's good that he gave people a choice in the Republican field. Perhaps he may be looking for a Vice Presidential slot, but I sure hope that his supporters, who are looking for a true Conservative, will migrate into the Ron Paul camp.

By the way, glad to see Fox News did a "real" fair and balanced piece today - "Paul Blames Federal Reserve for Weak Economy". Perhaps they are getting the message.

1 comment:

Charity said...

I was a Thompson supporter. The only other person I like is Paul. Actually, lately, I have been leaning more toward Paul because I thought that Thompson was too hawkish for my tastes.

The reality is that I will probably not end up with a nominee who I can vote for.