Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy 25th To Home Education Magazine!

I am going to join Susan at Corn and Oil and wish Home Education Magazine a happy 25th anniversary.

When we began looking into homeschooling as an option 11 or 12 years ago (my word, has it been that long?), Home Education Magazine was one of the first resources that we turned to. Their magazine had so many interesting articles and pointed us to so many great resources, and still does that today for countless other homeschooling (or soon to be homeschooling) families. My family and I are thankful that this kind of resource was available to us. I have even been at times a contributor. I believe they published my very first article about homeschooling.

Helen and Mark Hegener, and the wonderful staff of talented writers and researchers, continue to offer homeschooling information, support and encouragement, resources and reviews, free newsletters, networking and discussion lists for parents all over this great nation, and elsewhere.

Many well wishers have sent their greetings into cyberspace (with the help of the talented and thoughtful Nix family) and you can add your own here.

So Happy 25th Anniversary to Mark and Helen and Home Education Magazine! and we wish you many, many more!

Check out the current edition here.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Hey, You got articles published?!

Helen will only print my letters to the editor. I'm such a rambler.... and I am so NOT serious about any of the above.

But you are one of those very awesome people that I'm glad I hooked up with thru HEM. Thanks for all you and Deborah do, lady!