Tuesday, January 8, 2008

It's My Office And I'll Cry If I Want To...

You would cry too if it happened to you... What is Hillary - Leslie Gore?

Oh my goodness, could anything have been more staged? Has she really tugged on anyone's heartstrings with this ploy?

An emotional display by a woman aspiring to be leader of the free world? Not a pretty site in my opinion.

What the whole thing translated into for me was that this woman feels that she is entitled to the office of US President. She wants to be president so bad and ..well..it's just not working out. If indeed this is "personal" then it is apparent that she does not want to fail where her husband succeeded (getting elected).

And yet, Hillary has just played up the problem all women in business and positions of power face - if you are tough they call you a female dog, and if you are not, then you are not up to the tasks ahead emotionally. She was definitely looking for the female vote with this one - as well as some sort of sympathy vote. I don't think it was a good strategy to use the ploy that everyone, especially the men, are "picking on the girl".

When I have days like that, I just have some chocolate and take a nap. Sigh... sometimes it's just not easy being a woman.


mrs dani said...

Oh, I saw this and got sick!!! She is a disgrace to us strong women.
Why should I vote for someone who can not handle someone saying something mean to her? Do I really want someone like this with their hand on the button?
Sorry, but if you can not play with the big dogs, stay inside. It was disgusting!

Elisheva Hannah Levin said...

I guess it is a different side of her than some of her rather snide and catty implications about Obama's drug use.

But I did note her dig at Obama: "Some of us are ready and some of us are not..."

And she is so sure she is right, even as she promotes a spending agenda reminiscent of 1968 rather than 2008, when we have so many obligations we are putting off for the next generation.

I just can't see her as president however, and I don't think it's because she's a woman.