Thursday, March 6, 2008

More From The Fear Brigade


Eating snowflakes is bad for your health.

Honestly, is there no childhood act that is allowed to be fun anymore?
I mean give me a break - we do not live in a sterile world.

Ok - don't eat yellow snow - but snowflakes falling from the sky are hazardous to your health? Give it a rest already.

Can we let kids have their adventures with their world without stuffing them full of worry?

It's the continued "sissification" of our American society.

Next time it snows, I will make sure to go outside with my daughter and get a big scoop of freshly fallen snow and bring it indoors and douse it generously with maple syrup. Life is to be lived with joys like that. It's good for your immune system too!

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

I can't wait to see what America's military will look like when its ranks are filled with today's overprotected youth. I personally will be able to defeat an entire battalion by simply standing upwind of them holding a lighted cigarette.

Susan said...

lol...that was very funny, Jennifer! Needed that after Judy made me look at those McCain/Kennedy/Clinton pictures.

Elisheva Hannah Levin said...

Oh, for heaven's sake!!

Bacteria are ubiquitous. Really. There are those of us biologists that believe that we ought to have three kingdoms of life--Archea (old bacteria), Prokaria(bacteria) and Eukarya(everything else). Of course snow is "full of bacteria." So is your stomach. It can handle it.

Oh, and better not tell these nervous nellies what lives on their eyelashes. Ahem!

Judy Aron said...

Susan - So sorry - next time perhaps I'll have to put some sort of warning on my posts (LOL)

"Warning: Photos on this post may be nauseating or create a sense of miserable loathing in the viewer - Please proceed with caution and at your own risk"

Judy Aron said...

Elisheva - Thanks for the reminder about my eyelashes... I was too busy worrying about the dust mites everywhere.... LOL

Ah the perils of living in a Clorox crazy, hand sanitizer, bubble boy mentality, and funsucking frenzied society.

Remember when kids used to not have to worry about stuff?

Kristina said...

And remember when we didn't have to worry about antibiotic resistant diseases?

My kids have GREAT immune systems. I let their immune systems deal with the little stuff. Like eating snow.

Susan said...

Frank Zappa's mama told him not to eat the yellow snow. You'd think that would be good enough.

"Warning: Photos on this post may be nauseating or create a sense of miserable loathing in the viewer - Please proceed with caution and at your own risk"

I think an image like that should be illegal, don't you?! wink wink I think there should be a law against that sort of political philandering. :-)

Love 2B Homeschoolers said...

My seven-year-old eats snow all the time. He will have an excellent immune system :-)