Friday, May 30, 2008

Another Preacher Gone Wild

More theatrics from Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago.
The Rev. Michael Pfleger, a Chicago activist, also apologized for last Sunday's sermon at Obama's church, in which he said Clinton's eyes welled with tears before the New Hampshire primary because she felt "entitled" to the Democratic nomination and because "there's a black man stealing my show."
Does this kind of speech really even belong in a House of God?

Well, I can agree that Hillary seems to portray this sense of "entitlement" but I think that would be the case if her opponent was any gender or any color. Her opponent could be green and from Mars and she'd still want this presidency as bad. To make a race issue out of this was just plain ludicrous.

It seems to me that the some of these same people that speak out against racial divisions are the same ones that tend to promote and inflame them. It even looks to me like these guys are setting this country up for some serious race riots if Obama doesn't get elected in November. So you have to wonder, don't both candidates now look like they feel entitled to this presidency?

I tend to think these guys are just trying to get their 15 minutes (or more) of fame. I mean, who even knew of this Pfleger guy before yesterday? It is pretty disingenuous for these types of media mongers to go off on a rant and then think they can just apologize afterwards. Its also getting pretty tiresome.

Do you suppose there is something in the water at Obama's church?


Dawn said...

I've talked to conservative christian moms online who are seriously considering the idea the Obama may be the anti-christ.

I think this kind of foolishness is happening in a lot of churches, not simply Trinity United.

Blueberry said...

I've never been to a church where the people spoke this way. I don't consider Obama's "church", a real church. It's more of an assembling place to ignite the hatred that is not of God, but rather, the opposite.

anti-christ? Nobody knows for sure on that, but history does show us tyrants that have been capable of horrendous acts. Hitler claimed to be a Christian. What a sick, sick person he was.

I have refrained from blogging about Obama because I am, frankly, afraid.

Jennifer Abel said...

I dunno; Hillary DID make that comment about how the Democrats should give her the nomination for the sake of the party, since "hard-working Americans -- white Americans" won't vote for Obama.

I want to visit a parallel universe to see how Alterna-Hillary responded to Alterna-Obama's remark that he should get the nomination because "hard-working Americans -- male Americans" would never vote for a woman.

Also, that idiot Hillary apparently overlooked a simple fact: the people who would point-blank refuse to consider a black candidate aren't likely to vote for a woman, either.