Monday, September 1, 2008


Well, even bloggers have to take a break once in awhile.

My family and I were off cruising to Bermuda this past week to celebrate me and my husband's 30th wedding anniversary. No "staycation" for us after scrimping and saving for this long awaited time away.

We had a grand time, did some snorkeling, and just took in the glorious weather. We had really calm waters sailing, although some of the ocean swells did make me and the girl queasy. The pressure point wrist bands did the trick for me.

Bermuda is still a great place to visit; my husband and I honeymooned there and so when we were there this week we visited the place we stayed those many years ago - the Rosedon - and it is still lovely. We were invited to stay there for afternoon tea and sandwiches.

We did some other touring around by bus and ferry.

We also visited the Hamilton home office of the company that my husband works for in Hartford. I wouldn't mind if he were relocated there.

It was actually lovely to not read a paper or watch the news or be bothered by "issues". News blackouts are quite healthy I think.

Anyway, now that I am back I'll have some catching up to do along with restocking the refrigerator, going through my mail, and doing all the laundry that we brought home along with our Rum Swizzle glasses.


Henry Cate said...

Congratulations on 30!!! That is an accomplishment in our country these days. Best wishes to the next 30.

And welcome back.

Blueberry said...

Congratulations! I just knew you took off to have a great time somewhere out there:-) I'm glad you had fun.

My television has been off for most of the summer, so I agree, a news blackout can be refreshing. I've really enjoyed my summer:-)

Lydia said...

Welcome back! Looks like you had a grand time in the sun! What a time to be wading back into the news... yikes.

Joan said...

Congratulations on your anniversary and getting to return to Bermuda. It's been 8 years since I've been there...

Valerie said...

I'm getting back up to speed online after some time off, too, but my time off involved catching up around the house rather than floating in the water in B'da. I. Am. So. Jealous. :)

As it is, I'll just have to daydream about the warm little waves rolling into Horseshoe Bay.

Congratulations on the anniversary, Judy.