Thursday, September 11, 2008

We Remember

Do something kind for a neighbor today.
Call a family member and tell them how much they mean to you.
Tell your child how they have made your life worthwhile.
Give someone you love a hug.

Work to protect your rights and liberties, and remember that the Constitution did not change after 9-11. Restoring our Republic and our Constitutional Rights is the greatest tribute we can give to those who perished in this tragic attack.


Susan said...

Such kind and generous thoughts today from you, Judy. Great reminders and I'm kinda teary eyed because it's my grandma's birthday today too, and I can't give her one more hug anymore.

I've learned so much from you and others and I'm ever grateful from the rural parts of Illinois.

We'll just keep fighting the fight, dear friend.

Elisheva Hannah Levin said...

Thanks for this this Judy. I had never heard Enya's beautiful tribute. It seemed jarring against the images of that day, images I cannot forget.

Today, reading your post, I remembered that on that day the phone lines were jammed with people calling loved ones, just to be with them over the phone.

Your advice for this day of remembrance is well taken. And the admonition to fight.

We also have taken up the battle, even here, in our safe mountain hamlets, far from the those whose experience of 9-11 was so much more immediate.