If you don't think we are being set up for a lifetime of Socialist rule in this country then you better brace yourself.
Look what has recently been proposed...
Title: Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to repeal the twenty-second article of amendment, thereby removing the limitation on the number of terms an individual may serve as President.
Sponsor: Rep Serrano, Jose E. [NY-16] (introduced 1/6/2009) Cosponsors (None)
Latest Major Action: 2/9/2009 Referred to House subcommittee. Status: Referred to the Subcommittee on the Constitution, Civil Rights, and Civil Liberties.
Here is how it reads:
HJ 5 IH
January 6, 2009
Mr. SERRANO introduced the following joint resolution; which was referred to the Committee on the Judiciary
- Resolved by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled (two-thirds of each House concurring therein), That the following article is proposed as an amendment to the Constitution of the United States, which shall be valid to all intents and purposes as part of the Constitution when ratified by the legislatures of three-fourths of the several States within seven years after the date of its submission for ratification:
- `The twenty-second article of amendment to the Constitution of the United States is hereby repealed.'.
Don't think this will go anywhere?
Some say it's just another Congressman seeking attention (Just like Charlie Rangel's proposal to bring back the military draft) and that the possibility that this goes anywhere is very slim.
They say that Rep. Serrano is just some "fringe" Democrat gone wild.
Are you willing to wait and see?
Was this also part of the Democrat party Hope and Change????
Barack Obama has brought no real change to Washington, except that he is moving us much closer to being a Democratic Socialist country.
His administration is seeking to nationalize the banking system.
His Robin Hood administration is seeking to tax the rich to redistribute to "the poor" while bringing amnesty to illegal aliens in this country... and much more.
So do we Americans want to be faced with no term limit on this Presidency?
This legislation is moving forward.
- Introduced on Jan 06, 2009
- Jan 06, 2009: Referred to the House Committee on the Judiciary
- Feb 09, 2009: Referred to the Subcommittee on the Constitution, Civil Rights, and Civil Liberties
Anything is possible.
After all, as Mr. Obama said "He won".
It could go nowhere... and then again it could go somewhere.
Anyway - just thought you should know.
(H/T Isabelle H.G.)