Ø We need sound money, and our families need to be able to keep more of their wealth.
Ø We need government to stop raiding our paychecks so we can pay off our debts and accumulate wealth so we don’t have to be dependent on government.
Ø More money in individual's pockets should be put there by the individual - not by government.
Ø When businesses fail as a result of mismanagement, we need the free market to deal with that; not government.
Ø No more Robin Hood economics! Taking money from "the rich" to give to "the poor" is not government's function or right.
ARE YOU FED UP?
Here’s What YOU Can Do…
1. Get Involved: Join or support organizations that are fighting to:
a. Preserve and Restore our Constitution (ex. Campaign for Liberty, Go Galt , Oathkeepers, The Heritage Foundation, National Coalition for the Defense of American Sovereignty)
d. Demand that Elected Officials read the legislation that they vote on (ex. Downsize DC)
i. Protect Parental Rights (ex: National Home Education Legal Defense )
j. Support Candidates running in 2010 that believe in upholding the Constitution, smaller government, sound money, taxation reform, protection from eminent domain abuse, etc. etc.
2. Help to expose abuse of authority in government: Support media and organizations that:
a. Investigate abuse by government agencies.
b. Create Publicity when abuse is detected.
c. Educate the public about the constitutional problems inherent in the enforcement of government regulation.
d. Bring enforcement actions to punish those who abuse their authority and deter those who would follow in their footsteps.
3. Contact your legislators an voice your opinions:
It is very important to contact the members of the committees which the legislation is before (ex: Education and the Workforce Committee; the Ways and Means Committee; and the Committee on Finance, in the Senate) to express your views on any proposed bill, either by phone, writing, or both. It is important to contact the Congressmen and Senators from your home state, even if they do not sit on the committees that the legislation is before, so that they may influence other legislators on your behalf. Be as specific as you can as to why you believe the legislation should be defeated.
Congressional Representatives from CT
Senator Christopher J. Dodd (D- CT) 202-224-2823 (FAX) 202-224-1083 http://dodd.senate.gov/index.php?q=node/3128&cat=Opinion
Senator Joseph I. Lieberman (ID- CT) 202-224-4041 (FAX) 202-224-9750 http://lieberman.senate.gov/contact/index.cfm?regarding=issue
Representative Christopher Murphy (D - 05) 202-225-4476 (FAX) 202-225-5933 http://www.house.gov/formchrismurphy/ic_zip_auth.htm
List of Congressional contacts: http://www.visi.com/juan/congress/
Connecticut State Legislators: http://www.cga.ct.gov/maps/townlist.asp
4. Watch the newspapers and other media announcements because they will report when your Congressmen and Senators will be back in their home states making personal appearances in the district. Attend these functions and try to approach the Congressman or Senator to briefly ask him or her to oppose offensive proposed federal legislation, or to support Pro-Constitution legislation.
5. Write letters to the editors to your local newspapers or call in to talk radio shows.
6. Educate yourself about the issues and share the information with friends, relatives and co-workers. Become very informed about the issues. Read all available literature from its primary source (i.e. the statute itself, available in law libraries, such as those in your local courthouse, or online at your state legislature's website) in its entirety so that you are sure of the details and have formulated your opinion based on accurate information before contacting others.
7. Continue to attend events like this one. Visit http://taxdayteaparty.com/ for updates. Other Upcoming Events: April 19th Freedom Rally in Lexington MA; April 25 End The Fed Rallies http://www.endthefed.us/ ; April 28 Continental Congress - We The People and Bob Schulz will be at the Jewish Community Center of New Haven 360 Amity Road, Woodbridge CT 7:00 PM; July 4th Tea Parties across the country see http://www.reteaparty.com/ and there is much more to come.