Tuesday, March 23, 2010
The IRS - Enforcers Of Obamacare
As if government controlled healthcare isn't enough - the Democrat Socialists in the House and Senate will have their IRS Brownshirts be the enforcers of whether or not you are complying with the new healthcare mandates/orders!
Among the new powers the IRS would assume: The authority to confiscate tax refunds, to impose fines of over $2,200 per taxpayer, and to verify whether taxpayers' health insurance coverage is "acceptable."
And as if the IRS doesn't have enough goons to break down your door and confiscate stuff, the agency might have to hire as many as 16,500 additional auditors, agents, and other employees in order to administer this abominable healthcare program.
Wow - doesn't that make you feel healthier already?
Essentially the IRS will be responsible for "tracking the monthly health insurance status of roughly 300 million Americans."
- IRS agents would be tasked with determining whether Americans had obtained the insurance coverage required under the individual mandate.
- Individuals could be fined $2,250 or 2 percent of income, whichever is greater, if you are unable to prove you have "minimum essential coverage."
- The IRS would be empowered to confiscate tax refunds if necessary.
- Audits probably would increase as a result of the legislation's new requirements.
- The budget for IRS operations will balloon by $10 billion in the next decade in order to administrate the new program.
- Nearly half of the new individual mandate taxes will be paid "by Americans earning less than 300 percent of poverty, $66150 for a family of four.
So when Obama makes his tour around the country to tell everyone how wonderful this legislation is, and how this isn't isn't a government takeover of healthcare - or that the government's role is not expanded - I hope many of you out there scream out to him "YOU LIE!"