Get ready for the next insane piece of legislation introduced by Senator Dodd.
Social engineering on steroids!
This bill will restrict residence in the suburbs and rural areas and pretty much force Americans into city centers. The bill has already passed the United States Senate Banking Committee and is on the fast track to passage in the Senate.
The bill is called the Livable Communities Act (SB 1619). It is part of the plan from the United Nation’s Agenda 21, adopted at the Earth Summit in Rio de Janeiro in 1992 and signed onto by President George H.W. Bush.
Livable communities and so-called "Smart Growth" plans are designed to usurp property rights and constitutional rights. (Google "Agenda 21" and see what you come up with).
Also check out Taking Liberty website about plans to essentially abolish private property in the name of "environmentalism".
According to the non-profit American Policy Center the bill:
* Is a blueprint for the transformation of our society into total Federal control.
* Will enforce Federal Sustainable Development zoning and control of local communities.
* Will create a massive new “development” bureaucracy.
* Will drive up the cost of energy to heat and cool your home.
* Will drive up the cost of gasoline as a way to get you out of your car.
* Will force you to spend thousands of dollars on your home in order to comply.
Of course, local government will be coaxed/bribed to sign on with promises of municipal funding. Grants will come with all kinds of strings attached which will force local governments to bend to the will of these Socialist Federal mandates. Billions of dollars in grants will be made available to local governments if they agree to amend their zoning laws according to their dictates. They want to restrict housing in outlying areas and force people to give up their homes and land and move into the city centers. If towns don't comply with these zoning changes then funds will be denied, and the towns will receive negative publicity (criticizing government officials for turning down free money) by so-called “Green” organizations.
It will make living in the suburbs and rural areas very very expensive.
It will make home ownership cost prohibitive.
It will reduce the amount of land that can be lived on.
It will make the federal government in control of local zoning.
The goal is to force people to live in a congested city center/urban areas in apartment buildings with store fronts on the street level which will all be connected by public transportation.
This of course will result in higher housing costs (because overcrowding will make housing space a premium) and goods and services (because of less choice and competition) and less freedom to move about (because cars won’t be necessary and parking space will be prohibitively expensive).
Please contact your two Senators today and tell them to oppose Dodd’s SB1619.
The American Policy Center asks us to do this:
1. Call Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell and demand that he lead Senate Republicans in opposition to S.1619. Tell him this bill will destroy local community decisions and enforce massive federal control over our communities.
It is vital that Senate Republicans stand firm against S.1619. They must feel your heat! Call Senator McConnell – early and often. His office # is: 202-224-3135. His fax # is: 202-224-2574.
Or write to him to demand that he take action to stop S.1619. McConnell’s address is:
S-230 Capitol Building, Washington. DC 20510-7010.
2. Call Senator John Thune, chairman of the Republican Senate Policy Committee.
Thune’s committee sets Republican policy for all senators. He must feel our heat in opposition to S.1619!!!
Senator Thune’s Republican Policy Committee # is 202-224-2946. Fax # 202-224-1235. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Address: Senate Republican Policy Committee
SR-347 Russell Senate Office Building, Washington, DC 20510-7064.
3. Call your state’s two U.S. Senators and demand they vote against S.1619. Senate switchboard: (202) 224-3121. Ask for your Senators by name. It is vital to the liberty of America that S.1619 be stopped. It is the first bill to enforce Sustainable Development through federal legislation.
We can stop it...
We must flood Capitol Hill with calls and letters NOW. A vote can come up any time, and without our strong opposition S.1619 will breeze to passage.
Take the above action NOW!
Please pass this message on to your friends and neighbors and ask them to call too.
For more information on Sustainable Development and Agenda 21 go to the American Policy Center website: www.americanpolicy.org. APC has been a leader in the fight to expose and stop Agenda 21 and its policy called Sustainable Development.