We The People Of Connecticut, Inc. has been established!
Other states will follow.
CT - The Constitution State - is the first.
WHAT IS A CONSTITUTIONAL LOBBY?
* A permanent grassroots, non-partisan network of informed people committed to the personal duty of Citizen vigilance in the cause of seeing Constitutional Governance and accountability,at city/town,state and national levels,by raising the consciousness of our citizens beyond politics and parties, to those principles, prohibitions, restrictions and mandates of our Charters of Freedom - the Supreme Law of the Land.
* An institution that avoids all political discussion and doesn't rely on the electoral process to achieve accountability in government.
* An organization comprised of citizens throughout the state who have a communication system and are organized and financed in order to:
1. effectively and consistently monitor the official of public officials in their city/town, state and federal levels of government.
2. measure the actions of their public servants against the requirements of their city charters,state and federal Constitutions and laws and oaths of office.
3. in the event of a violation,serve a petition for redress of grievance and instructions of remedy, as protected by the 1st Amendment of the Constitution,upon all parties involved.
4. make the public aware of the violation and remedy and apply public pressure on the serving parties to reply and/or comply with the remedy.
5. in the event there is no response, take steps to enforce the Rights of the People that have been violated.
* We the People of Connecticut, the Constitution Lobby, seeks to ensure that the power of our system of governance is returned to the People and fulfill their obligation to keep the People free.
This is GREAT!
People from all across the State should join up and support this effort to monitor our State and Local governments and report infractions of our charters and of our Constitution.
Now we will have a place to go to make sure that something is done about violations to the Constitution and our Charters.
Now we will have a resource to help citizens make sure our elected officials obey their oath of office.
Be among the first to support this effort in CT!
Imagine a citizen vigilance Constitution Monitor in each of CT's 169 towns, one for the state legislature and one for US Congress, avoiding all political issues and questions, simply keeping watch and recognizing any violations of the local charters and/or laws, or of the state and federal Constitutions. Imagine those 171 Constitution Monitors respectfully bringing any violation to the attention of their elected officials and, if not getting a response, bringing the matter to the Constitution Lobby's Citizen vigilance Center located in Hartford (manned by Constitution lawyers, paralegals and clerks), who would then prepare a course of action - direct petition of redress to be served on the offending official, or indirect petition for redress to be filed in court.
Imagining 178,700 dues paying members of the Constitution Lobby, with full knowledge of their rights of remedy and petition guaranteed by the Connecticut Constitution, being kept informed of whether or not the officials respond.
Imagine the improvement in Constitutional governance once the elected or appointed officials realize a mass movement of People of Connecticut know what their rights are, are pro-actively watching what they, the officials, are doing, and are prepared to intelligently,rationally, professionally and non-violently engage in civic action should the officials first ignore the law and then ignore the People's petition for redress.
Imagine a permanent People's Lobby, in perpetuity, to guarantee a shift in power -
from government back to the People where it was meant to be in the first place.
Our republic will be restored and never again allowed to be in jeopardy.
The Constitution cannot lobby for itself!
We must defend it - and our State Constitution - and our Town Charters.
We need YOU to join and support The Constitution Lobby of CT, Inc. and to hold our elected officials feet to the fire.