Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Happy 21st Birthday Rachel!

21 years ago today I gave birth to the most amazing and wonderful baby girl.
She came into the world 10/03/91 at 2:32 PM weighing 7 lbs 7 oz. and was 19.5" long.
I drove myself to the hospital picking up my husband from work along the way.
It was a very quick delivery, with no time for pain medication for me.
Her first word was "cat"... not mama or dada... but "cat".
She was a wonderful baby - but could not tolerate tags on her clothes, or the seams on her socks.
She would not keep bows or barrettes in her hair but loved to wear hats.
She adored my parents... and she loves her Grandma Hanna.

She has been a blessing and credit to her family.
We are so proud of the capable and responsible young woman she has become.

She has given us joy and laughter and has filled our life with her bright spirit.
Sure we've argued and cried, and we've both grown too.
I cannot imagine my life without the opportunity to nurture and love this little girl of mine.

I am so happy that among other things she:
was homeschooled
can handle a firearm safely
knows how to cook and take care of herself
is an independent thinker
has a good circle of friends
has goals and dreams
is not afraid to take risks
can handle money
knows how to find a good bargain
has a great sense of humor
has common sense
has good character
has spunk
has appreciation for music and the arts
and she has filled our home with love and light.

Dearest Rachel:
May the Lord bless you and keep you.
May the Lord make his face to shine upon you, and be gracious to you.
May the Lord lift up his countenance upon you, and give you peace.

- and may you live to be 120!


1 comment:

Another October-thirder said...

Judy: Please convey my very best wishes for a fantastic 21st Birthday to your lovely daughter.