Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day!

For all of you fathers out there ..
Today is YOUR day!
Have a wonderful day.. you deserve it!

I hope you spend it surrounded by the people who love and appreciate you the most.

My dad, Leonard Theodore, passed away in 1997 at the age of 77 years.
He was a terrific dad, a loving grandfather and a really great person.
I miss him so very very much.
I know he would be so proud to see what his grandchildren have accomplished so far.
He served in World War 2 in the Pacific, and then came home and raised a family.
He did wonderful things in his community - like being a Boy Scout Master - and working to help raise money for our synagogue. He was always there to help a neighbor in need. He was hard working guy. He was honest and loving and had a great sense of humor. He helped raise 3 children and he was always there when they got themselves into some sort of jam.

He was an avid bowler too - and bowled 2 perfect games in his bowling career.
One 300 game happened shortly before he died.
The picture above shows him with the trophies he won for bowling a perfect game.
He was an avid Yankees fan.
Dad was an inspiration to me and I will always hold him dear in my heart.
Happy Father's Day dad, wherever you are in the universe!

The other wonderful Dad in my life is my husband.
The photo above shows him on the right sharing a glass of wine with our boys on Mother's Day.
He's is a fantastic dad.
Everyone who knows him appreciates his sense of humor.
As a dad, he is always there for our children to offer words of advice, encouragement and candor.
He's always been there whenever the kids needed help or guidance.
He always made time for our children and makes family his priority.
He's accomplished many things; like becoming a Distinguished Toastmaster.
He's been involved with Boy Scouts and Homeschool projects and much much more..
He learned to brew his own beer and make his own yogurt.

There's so much I could say about him... but most of all he is honest, loving, kind-hearted and self-reliant, and I can't imagine having anyone else be the father of my children.
I am truly blessed to have such a wonderful man in my life.  
This July we celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary... and I would do it all again in a heartbeat!

As you enjoy Father's Day here are a few Father's Day quotes:
The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother.” -David O. McKay

"He didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it." ~Clarence Budington Kelland

A truly rich man is one whose children run into his arms when his hands are empty.” -Unknown

No comments: